Just me today, as always.

The Duchess

There is nothing special about this movie. I just want to say a short, brief comment.

It was very intimate, had shown women at the early age repressed and looked down upon their husbands, had also shown what a pig a man could be just to get what he wants, and....

it's very........ uh, English. Reminded me of someone. No I wont elaborate on that.

I thought twice about this movie, but I ended up watching it anyway. I guess I was probably giving myself a test whether I could be immune to these kind of movies. I took it very well I must say, the fact that it was English (or British) it didn't bother me at all. I still am fascinated about everything (from history, culture, people, way of living etc. etc.)

I had dinner at Dan Ryan's (My all time favorite restaurant) with my book (New Moon) I stayed there and read a few chapters until the movie started.

I can say, it is more likely to be a nice day off. Just me, myself & I.

I was alone, yes. Being bored as I am at home, and since my friends (even co-workers) are busy with their family because it's actually public holiday today, I decided to watch a movie by myself. I know it's pretty lame but I don't see anything wrong about that, can't a 21 year old woman watch movies of her own? Does it seem pitiful? lol. :) I enjoyed it and I am going to do this a day off-ritual. I have been doing and arranging a lot of rituals lately so that at least I have something to look forward to every time a week starts. I started (sort of it was I assumed) arranged a Monday ritual with my supervisor and general manager to have a special lunch out once a week which means we get to eat in a real restaurant (Not just in cheap food courts) and talk about the latest gossip about what's happening at work (I kind of need to get in the loop somehow), I also have a friend who decided to do every Tuesdays our Movie/dinner night since tickets are really cheap. The rest of the week will be normal and maybe get myself to work my ass off the gym again. Life could be boring but it helps if you sometimes stop wallowing with your emotional feelings and appreciate the good things in life for once in a while. Life is beautiful, and so am I. :D

Off Topic/

I have been monitoring my feedjit (I know Im quite desperate to know who comes and go on my blog) and I have noticed that someone has been visiting my blog everyday and every night. I hope this doesn't scare him/her away as It would be really good to know who he/she is.

It would really make me happy.. I guess :D

To my avid reader from Frisco, Texas if you have balls, (he or she) whatever you are, chime in or at least drop a line. I know you've read almost all of my entries and you know me quite well already... I have a strong feeling that you want to say something... now is your chance. :)

Cheers everyone. Have a good week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

aba aba aba.. at nagbablog ka na rin ng reviews ngayon? hahaha..

Roxy said...

@bloom
haha. Not really :D I just needed something to write on my boring blog. It sometimes deserves an update you know. *wink* ;P

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who goes to the movies by herself, and I often chide her for that. But really, we all need some Me-Time and watching a movie by myself is something I'm going to try very soon.

Roxy said...

@katcarneo
yep. Just try, you'll see the difference. :)

MAY said...

saya nga yun roxy.. i've tried that a couple of times already,yun tipong depress emo mode ako. or pag feel ko lang na mag-isa, yun ung ginagawa ko, nanunuod magisa ng movie :) anyway, i'm glad you sound much much better :) keep it up :) mwah

Roxy said...

@May
Will keep it up for sure :) I'm glad that you're glad. I knew I was going to be ok, I just needed time! :D And now its so embarrassing to think about the things Ive said and done. haha. well atleast I could laugh at it right now. :D cheers to you May! hope ur well :)

Post a Comment

Read + Drop = Perfect combination, Don't be shy.