Focus on other things

Guess what? I have written 4 posts already and none of them are published, all saved to drafts.

It's all about him again so I think its not worth publishing it, Im just getting sick of everything about him. hehe sorry.

So I decided to write something that I think is worth publishing. As some may know, I am chubby and I am conscious when it comes to my weight, I sometimes tend to lose my confidence, probably one of the reasons why I don't go out lately and stopped socializing, upon my observations, 80% of the people that lives here in HK are overwhelmingly thin and health conscious. Ive done different kinds of crazy diets and none of them works and everytime I fail I lose more confidence and get depressed. And when Im depressed I do something to make myself feel good. EAT. I can say I am patient, but when it comes to these things, I lose patience and give up easily. I am nearly 5ft. 10", Yes, I am tall for a normal filipina, I consider myself one eventhough I have a bit of spanish and chinese blood running through my veins, anyhow, speaking of height, I get stressed even more when my family and friends say not put my height to waste and have a healthy diet, so I did and I started 3 months ago (should've started ages ago!) and the results are not so bad after all, Im not trying to be a pro on health talks but I just want to share some tips of what Ive been focusing on lately - My healthy diet. It's very simple, If I can do it, so can you. (Blimey, are my marketing skills convincing enough? LOL)

So here it goes:

1.) Fruits, Fruits, Fruits, Fill up on the fruits! - I am a massive snacker, I always eat loads of rubbish in between meals which is undoubtly bad for an office girl like me sitting all day infront of the pc, all those saturated fats from crisps and other junks are all going straight to my belly. Eww! I realized all that when I watched a tv show from BBC lifestyle. Fruit helps with sugar cravings! so when I crave for ice cream or other sweets I snack on prunes, Fat free Good carbs biscuits or keep an apple in my bag. Having snacks are not always bad for your diet, you just need to eat good snacks :)

2.) Ditch the alcohol! - I always enjoy drinking alcohol as I never get drunk! I have no idea why? I get hang over the morning after but I never get drunk, they said my body is immuned on high percentage of alcohol, but on thing Im sure of is its never immuned on high percentage of calories! here is the full explanation on how we can gain weight in drinking alcohol - http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/alcohol.html ALCOHOL -A BIG NO NO >.< when Im out with my friends for some drinks and I dont want them to put pressure on me having an alcoholic drink, I have one that looks similar, hehe Just a tonic water and lemon on the rocks! Looks like gin tonic and tastes a bit like one too, it's a little secret between me and the waiter/bartender :P

3.) Eat more veggies :) - Like fruits, veggies are great to fill myself up so that I'm not tempted to snack on rubbish! but not all veggies are good unfortunately, potatoes, parsnips, peas, sweet corn, and baked beans are BIG NO NO's because they are full of suggies (Sugar) that will turn into fat :)

4.) Water therapy glug glug glug - I always try my best to drink 2 liters of water a day. It flushes out my system and trust me, I feel so much better for it! it sounds like alot, I wont drink 2 liters in one go! ofcourse I divide it into glasses and throughout the day I had 2 liters before I know it.

5.) Seriously, CUT the carbs! - Spaghetti bolognese, Lasagna, White rice, Sandwiches, oh golly, Im drooling over the thought of these foods. I avoid carbs especially after 6pm, it bloats me out and hell I can't work them off. So in the evening, I try to stick to veggies with chicken or fish, or if I'm too lazy to cook, I have myself a bowl of cereals and fat free milk :)

6.) Im not strict ;p - Are you a chocolate lover? Im not, but have you heard of cheese lover? I looooove cheese! all kinds of cheese! blue cheese, cheddar, mozzarella, Brie, goats cheese name it I will eat it! as long as it's cheese hehe :P I allow myself treats every now and again. And I always stick this in my mind, a diet's not supposed to be torture after all! If I fancy ice cream, cheese or a piece of chocolate, I'll have it! it's always ok to ocasionally have something you're craving - that way, I won't feel tempted to go off the rails and binge.

7.) Most important thing to do is.... Exercise :) - Everyone knows that, even a 7 yr old kid knows that! As long as I move and sweat I consider it as an exercise! I'd dabbled with exercise and done bits and pieces of running, playing badminton, walkatons, but I'd never stuck to anything as I get lazy. I joined the gym :) and found myself new friends! Mr. Cross trainer, Mr. Treadmill, and Mr Cycling (I assume guys, lol much fun and to put more determination :P ). As an office girl, I don't have much time to do exercise on day time so I go to the gym on night time and work out 3-4 times a week to get the full benefit, I do still get lazy sometimes so I just go to sauna or steam room for relaxing and to melt a bit of fats away! If you're too embarrased to being all red-faced and sweaty in the gym, I suggest you buy a training dvd and do your exercise in your living room :) Exercise is always good you will enjoy it eventually.

So this is it. My revelation of my not-so-complicated healthy diet I hope this post didnt bore you, but it's worth reading! this goes out to guys as well. For three months, I loss weight and gained confidence and that is all that matters to me. I hope this helps and encourage people like me who lacks confidence in physical appearance. Good luck to me! Happy Dieting! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

am so proud of you, you know that?
always will be :-)
continue what you do and you'll go far...not just with men (*wink*), but also with the essential things in life as you gain more and more confidence. don't lose your focus now!
you go girl!

Roxy said...

@Duchess
Thanks for believing in me.

...And I also believe everything happens for a reason :)

Post a Comment

Read + Drop = Perfect combination, Don't be shy.